I Lost Myself in the Process
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A few weeks ago I stumbled into a conversation that shocked me. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. A woman I greatly admire was out to eat with her grown kids. I complimented my friend about how great her kids have turned out. Suddenly, her face dropped, her expression changed, and I could see emptiness behind her eyes.

"Yes my kids turned out great and I loved raising them. But, I lost myself in the process."

I paused and thought, ‘how do we fully embrace motherhood but not lose the other parts of us?’ We’re surrounded by moms who work and moms who stay at mom. I’ve learned that one size does not fit all. But one God does. He creates a beautiful work in and through each of our lives.

And we’ll be most fulfilled when we embrace every part of the unique life God has planned for us. For more visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

P31 Magazine

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits