Longing to Be Loved
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

As a little girl I longed for my daddy to pick me up, swing me around and tell me he loved me. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. When my daddy didn’t fill my childhood desires, I found myself seeking all kinds of remedies in my early adult years.

I was in search of something or someone who would make me feel loved or significant. And it didn’t take me long to find that the more I tried to fill up my empty places, the more frustrated and lonely I felt.

I had to learn that no person, possession, profession, or position ever fills an empty heart. It’s an emptiness that only God can fill.

So even though my earthly daddy didn’t encourage me and love me as I’d hoped, I have come to know the love of my heavenly Father. And anything we try to use as a substitute for Him will never make us feel complete. For more encouragement log on to Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Who Holds the Key to Your Heart? by Lysa TerKeurst

Join us for more free Everyday Life encouragement


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits