Green Pastures
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Susanne Scheppmann

I just love these words from the Bible: “He makes me lie down in green pastures.” Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. On days when I’m stressed, I think of this and imagine a peaceful green meadow beside a winding creek where there are no worries. Some friends were recently studying this verse when someone asked: “What is your green pasture?”

A woman who serves in ministry said, “Bubble baths and reading for hours!” Then another one who teaches high school said, “Crawling into bed at night – just knowing the day is over.”

I believe our green pastures vary with each season of life we’re in. But I love knowing God wants us to have times and places that restore our souls from the wear and tear of life.

So today, let’s look at the landscape of our lives for our own green pasture, then rush to the side of our Shepherd to find rest there. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Breathe, by Keri Wyatt Kent

Free Devotion, Everyday Life, Purposeful Living

Visit
Renee’s Blog

Visit Susanne’s Blog

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits