Unwrapping His Presence
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My home was full of people; my living room was full of gifts! My stomach was full of food! So why did I feel so EMPTY? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

One Christmas afternoon I found myself asking these questions. I opened my Bible and asked God to show me what was wrong. I read the story of Jesus’ birth where it describes Mary covering Jesus in cloths and placing Him in the manger. I closed my eyes and imagined Mary’s hands wrapping the gift of God’s Son. I realized that Jesus was just like the gifts I had wrapped and placed under my tree – but He was still there – waiting to be opened. In the midst of all the holiday activities, I had forgotten to unwrap the most important gift of all – the gift of God’s presence found in Jesus. Just like that first Christmas, God offers the same gift today - His presence, His peace, His love. Don’t forget to unwrap that most important gift of all. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Can Martha Have a Mary Christmas?, by Brenda Poinsett

Celebrating Christ at Christmas, free article from ETC Corner

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits