Christmas Time
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I finally figured out the perfect gift to give my kids! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. It’s not a new bike, the latest video game, or even an Ipod! As a matter of fact, the best gift I’m giving my kids this year doesn’t come with a price tag. You can’t wrap it, tie it with ribbon, or put it under the tree. You see the gift my children really want is my time.

They want time with me to bake cookies and decorate the tree, time to sit, read the Christmas Story and imagine what it would’ve been like to be the angels, the wise men or the shepherds. They want my time to watch Christmas shows or time to drive around looking at Christmas lights! There’s no better way to let them know they’re important to me, even more than my long “to do” list. Of all the gifts we can give our children this year, our time will be the one they’ll remember most. For more Christmas gift ideas, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Can Martha Have a Mary Christmas?, by Brenda Poinsett

Purposeful Living, free article from Every Day Life

Tis the Season to be..., a free devotion by Melissa Taylor

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits