Organization for Messies
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I have found that disorder drains while order invigorates. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I don’t know how it happened but my office was a disaster area. I wanted a tidy space in which to work but getting from this complete mess to organization seemed overwhelming. Do you have a space in your home like this? Well, take heart there is hope. Here are some things that helped me conquer the clutter monster:
~First, get an organized friend to help give you a new vision for your space
~Then, invest in the necessary storage bins, files, and supplies.
~Now remember, get rid of anything that’s not absolutely necessary

And, add a few touches that reflect your unique personality. Once you take pride in this area you’re more likely to keep it tidy. For more ideas to improve your everyday life, log on to Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Organize and Beautify, free devotion by Vicki Norris

The Complete Guide To Getting and Staying Organized, by Karen Ehman

Visit Lysa’s Blog


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lysa,

I notice that the "outside of me" tends to get messy in proportion to what's going on INSIDE of me!

If there's a spiritual issue that God wants me to "clean up" or I'm struggling with "my idea" of being a woman instead of relying on His Word (Proverbs 31 in particular!), then the dishes and laundry start piling up, the paperwork stack gets higher, etc. (which is no surprise, since God is a God of ORDER! (When I'm not "in order," neither is my house!) It helps to go back to the basics (in the Bible AND in house cleaning) - the Holy Spirit does an excellent job of tidying up!

Hope this "fall cleaning tip" helps someone else. I'm looking forward to receiving my first issue of P31 magazine!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits