Blinded by the Light
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Writer: Renee Swope with Jill Tracey

Ever notice how a bright light can be both beautiful and blinding? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I was driving to work the other morning and enjoying the beautiful sunshine peeking over the roofs of the homes in my neighborhood. The trees were glowing in its light and everything looked clean and new. Then the beams of the beautiful sunshine I’d just been admiring bounced off some windows and right into my eyes - making it hard for me to drive. Funny how the brilliant light I’d thought was so pretty became a harsh glare.

Jesus called Himself the Light of the world. Like the sun, He makes things clean and new. But, when His truth shines on an area of my life that needs to be worked on, His light can seem harsh and offensive. I’m so glad Jesus’ Light is never intended to blind us but to guide us each step of the way! To learn more about following Jesus, the Light of the world, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

He Speaks to Me, by Priscilla Shirer

Free but Walking in My Own Light, free devotion by Mary Beth Whalen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits