Helping Others Helps Me
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I hate glass elevators, high bridges and balconies. Basically, I’m afraid of heights! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I tried conquer my fears at an indoor Climbing Center. The instructors promised the harnesses and carabiners would hold me tight, but I ended up on the lower peaks. Some friends who were with us challenged their son to climb the highest peak at 25 ft., promising ice cream if he reached it. I watched as Steven climbed to 20 ft. But as he crossed the peak of the wall, he gave up!

Suddenly confidence surged through my body and I yelled, “You can do it. I’ll help you!”

I said a quick prayer that God would help me as I climbed to the 20-foot marker, and encouraged him to keep going. I forgot my fears because I was focused on helping Steven overcome his! And I overcame mine!

I love how God’s helps me when I’m focused on helping others! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

The Power of a Praying Friend, by Renee Swope

Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits