Praying God’s Word
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My conversations with God used to feel kind of flat. I didn't know how to pray so I didn’t pray that often.

Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I really didn't know what to say to God when I was struggling or when friends were going through hard times. I wanted my prayers to be filled with power and faith to believe that God was big enough, and cared enough, to accomplish what I was asking for.One day a friend told me about the power of making the words we read in the Bible into a prayer. She said that when we pray using God's own words, we’re praying for what God wants. I really liked that idea. It gave me a sense of direction.The Bible says that the words we read in it are alive and active. So, when we use words from the Bible as a guide for prayer, we can expect those words to become active in the person's life that we're praying for. For ways to pray using God’s words, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Praying God’s Word, free devotion from Renee Swope

A Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer, by Cheri Fuller


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits