My Son Was Right!
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

It’s so easy to point out where our kids are wrong, but what about when they’re absolutely right? Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. We’ve just been through a very busy couple of months. We sold our house, bought a new house, and survived all that moving entails. Once we finally got settled in, I had tons of work to catch up on which kept me in my home office working at the computer a lot

My sons have been great during the transition but the other day, my youngest reached a breaking point. “Mom, I feel like we haven’t been spending any time together lately.”

Now, I could’ve reminded him of all my hard work and why I’d spent so much time in my office, but I knew he was right! So I paused, looked into his adorable eyes and replied, “You’re absolutely right, Andrew.” I thanked him for being God’s reminder that it’s important for us to be together and have fun. The next day we planned a family dinner and game night. Thanks Andrew!

For more motherhood encouragement, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child, message on CD by Renee Swope

The Gift of Listening, free devotion by Renee Swope

Authentic Parenting In A Post Modern Culture, by Mary Demuth


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits