Rude or Respectful?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst

There is nothing that embarrasses me more than if one of my kids acts rude or disrespectful. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Respect is really important in our family. One thing my husband and I want our children to see that their actions are not just a reflection on them but our whole family as well. We’ve found that respect is something that must be taught with great consistency. When asked a question we expect them to respond with real words not grunts or groans under their breath. We’ve also shown them how to answer the phone politely, and give a nice firm handshake when being introduced to others. Now, trust me this is a process and our kids are not perfect so, we’ve also clearly explained the consequences of disobedience. And the consequences are memorable enough that the next time respect seems like a more appealing choice. For more ideas on developing Godly character in your kids, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Character Worth Praising, by Lysa Terkeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits