To Complete or Compete?
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Have you ever wondered why you’re the way you are, or why you do things the way you do? Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. From the time I was in Jr. High, I didn't really like who I was. I compared myself to girls around me and tried to figure out who people liked most, so I could be like them. It was exhausting!Comparison is our worst enemy because it leaves us confused and discontent. My friend Genia summed it well one day while we were talking about comparison. She said, “When I compare myself with someone else, I can never measure up because I’m comparing my insides with their outsides.”

Comparison becomes a competition but no one wins! God never intended for women to compete with each other; He wants us to complete each other. We need to encourage each other’s strengths and be who God created us to be. For more encouragement on completing, not competing as women log on to Proverbs31.org and click on Everyday Life.

Related Resources
The Power Of A Woman’s Words, by Sharon Jaynes

Free Devotion, Pretty, Pretty Princess, by Micca Campbell

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits