Celebrating Motherhood
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Today is a big day. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs31 Ministries. I am officially celebrating 14 years of motherhood which technically means that it’s my oldest daughter's birthday. But secretly, I’m having a little party for myself too. You see 14 years ago, I didn’t think I’d actually survive this motherhood thing.

If I could go back and talk to myself 14 years ago here’s what I’d say:

You'll go through a season where you think she'll never get the potty thing. Trust me; she won’t go to kindergarten wearing a diaper.

And, savor every time she says, "hold me mommy" in the sweetest toddler voice ever. She’ll eventually stop saying it but she’ll never stop wanting it.

Love her through the tangles, the frizzies, and the tearful cries of, "I hate my hair." Eventually she’ll appreciate her natural curls.

For more motherhood encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free Devotion, Passionate, by Van Walton

Being A Great Mom, Raising Great Kids, by Sharon Jaynes

Visit Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits