Marriage Secret Revealed
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Paula Friedrichsen with Renee Swope

I wonder if there’s a secret to having a happy marriage. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. If there were such a secret, I bet it would be overlooking our spouse’s faults, you know, those annoying personality quirks that were humorous when we first met.
Marriage can be challenging at times - but it can also be fulfilling, comforting, and fun. I’ve discovered that if I really want to enjoy my marriage, I have to keep my sense of humor and stay focused on my husband’s good qualities.

In her book, The Man You’ve Always Wanted, Paula Friedrichsen says that, “Overlooking our husband’s faults means to “look over the top” of them to see the person we love standing on the other side.”

So, whether my husband leaves his shirts and socks on the floor or keeps me awake with his snoring… I want to overlook his faults. And, hopefully he’ll do the same for me!

For more marriage encouragement, click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Man You Always Wanted Is The Man You Already Have, by Paula Friedrichsen

Free devotion, Appreciating Your Differences, by Paula Friedrichsen

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits