You’re a Can Do Kid!
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope


I can’t! I can’t! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’m convinced there’s a disease of doubt and my son had it a few years ago. “I can’t,” he cried, when I tried to help him swim under water. “I can’t,” he screamed every time I asked him to read a word! I decided to try something Jesus did with his friend, Peter. I gave my son a new name! “Andrew,” I said, “beginning today, you are my ‘CAN DO KID’. You are no longer allowed to say “I can’t” because Andrew, there are so many things you can do! That night I showed Andrew how to set the table - one plate and fork at a time. Then I watched him complete each setting. He was so proud and when he finished, he said, “Mommy, I can do it!” Recently I offered to help him feed the dog. “I don’t need help mom.” He said, “I’m a CAN DO KID!” For more ideas to help your children overcome doubt visit us at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

You’re a Can Do Kid Devotion by Renee Swope

Wise Words for Moms, by Ginger Plowman


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits