Because I Said So
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Tracie Miles and Renee Swope

“Because I said so!!” How many times have you caught yourself saying that to your children? Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Sometimes I get frustrated when my children want specific reasons for why I told them to do something. The easiest thing to say is, “Because I said so!”

When we read the Bible we’ll often find there are specific things God wants us to do. Just like my kids, I often want to know the why’s, when’s, and how’s before I step out in faith. But true faith means obeying God even when all my questions aren’t answered. True faith also means trusting Him to provide the necessary answers when the time is right.

So, do you ever find yourself asking God why He wants you to do something? Just like we want our kids to do what we say, let’s obey God today not because we necessarily understand but because, He said so. To learn more about trusting God, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Living in the Hear and Now, a free devotion by Renee Swope

He Speaks To Me, by Priscilla Shirer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits