A Treat from God
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

If I enjoy giving special treats to my kids every now and then, what makes me think that God, my heavenly Father, is any different? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Just like giving treats to my kids makes me happy, I think God would like for us to receive a happy treat from Him.

There has been so much talk about the difference between joy and happiness in the Christian world that many of us shy away from happiness. Though few things can provide me with lasting joy, some sure can lighten a heavy moment of feeling drained. A few of my favorite things include a candlelit bubble bath, lunch with a good girlfriend, a date night out with my husband. Take a moment to think of some things that really make you feel happy. Then, the next time you feel a little drained, put together a care package for yourself and thank God for His special treats. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

The Friendships of Women, a free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits