A Mom’s Conversation with God
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Sometimes it’s hard to trust God to do what’s best for my kids. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently my daughter got injured while preparing for a big gymnastics meet. She's had an amazing time the past 10 years, winning several titles. But this year has been hard. Just when things finally seemed to be clicking along, she got injured. No amount of rehab could get her ready in time. So, with tears and disappointment, she forfeited. In Ashley's world this was huge. So, I cried out to God. “You could make her better, God. Please fix this!”
Eventually what God impressed on my heart is that the lesson Ashley learns from this will be good for her now and in the future. I only think I know what’s best for her. But God has a plan. That wasn’t what I wanted to hear, but it was what I needed to hear.

For more encouragement visit proverbs31.org

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Bible Based Parenting - “A Mom’s Conversation with God”

Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture, by Mary E. DeMuth


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits