Heart Healthy and Happy
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Is your home a heart healthy home? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. We have a special tradition in our home of an afternoon treat. Sometimes we eat apples, oranges or some other snack from the healthier regions of the food pyramid. But mostly we like a sweet treat. My kids and I love fresh baked cookies, moist chewy brownies, and other concoctions of all kinds. You know I think a little bit of this can be a heart healthy habit.

Our treats are “heart” healthy for how they create moments of joy in the midst of busy schedules, projects that are due, activities to attend, and chores to be done. It’s a little something that I delight in giving my children - in moderation, of course! It says, “I love you…and I think it’s important that I take the time to enjoy a special treat with you.” For more ideas on making memories with your children, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

A Mom’s Guide to Making Memories Last, by Crystal Bowman

A Mom Who Keeps Her Promises, a free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits