What Can I Do For You?
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I was completely overwhelmed this week. My hormones were crazy, I had a horrible headache and my to-do list was a mile long. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My friend Lysa called me at the office to ask about a project we were working on. As soon as she heard my voice she knew something was wrong. So, instead of asking about the project, she asked what she could do to help me. I knew she had tons of things on her own to-do list, so I told her I’d be okay. But she insisted, “Renee, what can I do for you?”

Honestly, I couldn’t think of anything. My brain was too tired to think! Finally she just came out and told me what she was going to do – she decided to take over my part of the project we were trying to finish. It meant so much that my very busy friend was willing to step in and help me. Do you have a friend who could use your help today? For more encouragement in your friendships click on Everyday Life at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Traveling Together: Thoughts on Women, Friendship and the Journey of Faith

Free Devotion, Laying Down Your Life For a Friend, by Sharon Glasgow

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits