Don’t Quit Your Calling
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Can we be involved in activities or service outside of the home and still be good wives and mothers? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Believe it or not, making peace between our jobs or volunteer positions and our family responsibilities CAN be done. But first we have to stop looking to others for validation! Other moms can’t provide concrete guidelines for the way we’re supposed to raise our children. God has a unique and personal plan for each of our families that He’ll reveal to us if we ask Him to. We may be much more or much less active than the next woman. But, that’s OK. God knows what He wants each of us to be involved in. And, God knows our husbands and children better than we do. He knows what kind of wife and mom they need and how much of our time needs to be devoted to them. So, if we turn over each day and opportunity over to Him, we can’t go wrong. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Living Life on Purpose by Lysa TerKeurst

Hanging On, Web Article by Susanne Scheppmann

Visit Lysa’s Blog


1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Unbelieveable timing! You write, "God has a unique and personal plan for each of our families that He'll reveal to us if we ask Him to."

Just a couple of days ago, I was stressing out over all I was doing - wondering what God wanted me to let go of right now. I asked Him to guide and remove anything that was getting in the way of what He wanted for me right now. Can you believe I went into work on the very day you shared this, and found out the Christian Bookstore where I work is closing! I will no longer be working there come August. God certainly did reveal His plan for me.

Trusting and following Him,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits