A Not-So-Bad Hair Day
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Renee Swope with Susanne Scheppmann

Help, I'm having a bad hair day! Hi, I'm Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Do you ever get frustrated when your hair won't obey your commands? I do! My hair is fine and limp. Each morning as I rub, squirt, and spray my hair with products that give it strength to be what it isn't - I'm reminded how following God really means I'm trying to be something I'm not. When I try to follow God without His help, I fall flat, just like my hair.

But when I allow God to infuse me with His strength by taking time to read my Bible and pray, my life begins to look more the way I want it to look - like His! The Bible tells us to be glad about our weaknesses, because they remind us that we need God's strength rather than our own. If you'd like a daily dose of encouragement to help infuse your day with God's power, sign up for our FREE devotions at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

"Hair Issues," November 4, 2005, Online Daily Devotion

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Verses for Daily Dependence on God


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits