Finding Joy in the Interruptions
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Writer: Lysa TerKeurst


Do interruptions ever “bug” you? Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. One day I was helping one of my kids study for a spelling test, another on a history project, all the while trying to put away groceries and clean the kitchen! Whew! Suddenly a scream from the hall halted all the activity as we ran to discover a large black beetle. I grabbed a shoe ready to whack away this interruption. But my youngest daughter ran to the scene just in time to beg mercy for this creature. She was studying bugs at school and needed a show and tell item. We later discovered that this was not just any bug but a rhino beetle…proportionally the strongest animal in the world! After scooping up the bug so Brooke could take it to school, I thanked God for what I thought had been an interruption! Lord, help me to see that some things that “bug” me are really blessings in disguise.
For more encouragement, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Love the Ones You’re With” by Renee Swope, August 18, 2006 Devotion

The Bathtub is Overflowing But I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

Five-Star Families: Moving Yours From Good to Great by Carol Kuykendall


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits