Never Assume
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Is the grass really greener in someone else’s lawn or is it an optical illusion? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My house looks great until a friend redecorates her house. My kids appear smart until I’m around someone else’s kids who excel in areas my kids don’t. My marriage is wonderful until I meet a sweet young couple who have the perfect blend of romance and conversation in their relationship.

In each scenario, everything I thought I enjoyed suddenly pales in comparison.

And here’s the kicker, the things I’m eyeing with envy are usually never what they seem. I’ve come to learn that everyone has not-so-great aspects of their lives. So, when I get an overly idyllic view of someone else’s circumstances, I remind myself that I’m not equipped to handle what they have—both good and bad.

For more, visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa's Blog

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits