Seeking to Understand
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

The other day my husband and I got into an argument - over parking spaces! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

It was raining and I didn’t want to get my hair wet so I decided where we should park. I kept pointing out parking spaces he’d missed, but a harsh tone and mean look on his face told me he didn’t like my suggestions.

Later that day he apologized and I forgave him, but I sensed there was more to it so I asked him,

“Honey, when I said, there’s a spot to park in, did you hear, “There’s a spot, dummy.” Or “There’s another one, clueless?”

He said yea, that WAS what he heard.

I assured him that wasn’t what I said or what I meant. But it reminded me that unless we work hard at communicating we can start to listen to the lies in our head and think we’re hearing something that wasn’t said! I’m glad God helped me understand my husband even though I felt misunderstood.

For more encouragement, click on Renee’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Click here to visit Renee’s Blog for more encouragement.

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Check out Renee's resources.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits