Overcoming Failure
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I’ve found the best way to overcome failure is to do something I’m good at! Hi I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently someone criticized the way I did something and I started feeling inadequate and discouraged.

Finally, I decided to do something constructive – something I knew I was good at. I took the emotions that made me feel like a failure and poured them into something God has equipped me to do well. I marched into my laundry room and folded towels, socks and shirts for my family. Then I planned our menu for the week, wrote it on our calendar and went grocery shopping.

I know that sounds simple, but by doing something physical and something for others, I replaced my negative emotions with positive steps of action. I took my eyes and my energy off something I didn’t do well and put them into a goal I knew I could achieve. I overcame my failure – and my laundry got done! For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Feeling Different, free devotion by Lauren Boggess

Beautiful in Gods Eyes by Elizabeth George

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i very enjoy your own writing way, very charming.
don't give up and also keep writing considering the fact that it just simply nicely to follow it.
excited to look into a whole lot more of your posts, have a good one ;)

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits