Listening Out Loud
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I was trying to listen to God, but it was so quiet - I got distracted! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When I listen to a friend, her voice keeps me focused on what she’s saying, but when I listen to God, I can’t hear Him audibly so my thoughts will often interrupt my listening.

The other day I decided to listen to God out loud. I asked Him questions out loud and then said out loud what I sensed His Spirit saying to me. I know it sounds crazy but it was powerful! The things I heard God speaking to my heart were verses I’ve read in the Bible, things Jesus said to His friends, and things that reminded me of God’s unchanging character. I didn’t say what I wanted to hear. I truly listened for God’s voice in my heart and then repeated it out loud.

I ended up having the most amazing day filled with joy and peace because His Words were etched in my memory. For more ways to listen to God, visit Proverbs31.org

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

The Gift of Listening, free devotion by Renee Swope

Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encourgement. It was needed and came at just the right time! Praise the Lord!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits