More than Just a Clean Car
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I try to keep my car clean, honestly… I do. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I keep the area where I sit very clean and tidy. It would never occur to me to use it as a trashcan. My kids on the other hand have issues.
Yesterday I informed the kids that I was tired of pulling through the car pool line at school and watching things fly about when they got out. After school my kids went to work cleaning. But when I inspected there was still trash everywhere.
They said, "Ohhhhh, we didn't know you meant the trash too. We just got our stuff out."When they came inside I talked to them about the importance of doing things right the first time. I also explained that doing little things out of obedience is how God prepares us for the bigger things in life. I’m happy to report, my car is clean! At least for today that is.

For more Everyday Life Encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries and log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free devotion, Pop Goes The Weasel!, by Susanne Scheppmann

Get Over It and On With It by Michelle McKinney Hammond

Visit Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits