Becoming a Patient Woman
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Rachel Olsen and Renee Swope

I love instant gratification, which make patience very hard to come by! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. In the past week I’ve raced through a yellow light because I didn’t want to wait at a red light. I’ve looked up symptoms on the internet because I didn’t want to sit in a doctor’s office. I’ve paid extra at a convenience store because I didn’t want to drive to the grocery store. Though I can’t recall a specific example, I’m pretty sure I lost my patience and fussed at my kids, too.

I want what I want, and I want it now. Yet the Bible says patience should be a way of life if I’m going to follow Jesus. It tells us to live our lives “with humility, gentleness, and patience.”

Patience is developed when my heart is connected to God. It grows from my confidence in the fact that He’s in control and that He can work out everything in His way and in His timing. For more encouragement in developing patience, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Becoming a Patient Woman, a free devotion by Rachel Olsen

But Will It Make Me Happy, a free devotion by Marybeth Whalen

God’s Purpose For Every Women, by Proverbs 31 Ministries


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits